Thursday, June 7, 2007

Plea from Hell (an e-mail)

"This is going to sound like a weird question," Wendy said as she stepped out of her office.

I braced myself. I gripped the arms of my chair. I fixed my eyes on my monitor in the hopes that that would keep them from rolling into the back of my head. I wondered if I could get out the front door before she said another word.

"Have you ever had,"

TOO LATE! ! TOO LATE! !

"one of your toenails suddenly turn black?"

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggg!

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

But she didn't stop. . . .

"I think it's my boots . . ."

I tried to shut my ears to the incessant roar. The vacuum that is Wendy's brain.

A moment passed. Is it safe? I let my attention wander from the massive effort of feigning deafness. Only for a moment. But long enough to hear Mick say, "If a doctor were to drill a hole in the toenail you would see a small pool of . . ."

AAAAA! AAAAA! AAAAA! AAAAA!

I must get out.

mwo

No comments: