Friday, September 19, 2008

We Be Talkin' Treasure, Lads!

Avast, there, me scurvy scallywags!

All ye sorry bilge rats be na' fit t' swab the decks of me bonny gran' ship, Fifteen Dead Men!

But Arrr! it does me soul good t' know ye be willin' to risk Davy Jones' Locker fer the great gran' a'venture of joinin' me 'n' mine to sail the ocean blue. Arrr! If a fortune ye do seek, climb aboard and we'll set sail for western shores! We'll make our name as feared as Blackbeard and his bloody buccaneers! Arrr!! So, make fast the mast and batten down the hatches!

Curse your soul, you pompous gasbags, haul upon the yard and tighten down the mizzen!

And may the Devil take me soul if I ever gives quarter or asks it of ye!

Avast ye scallawags! September 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Shiver me timbers, you bunch of yellow-bellied sapsuckers -- show some spirit an' bring me a noggin' o' rum! Arrr!

And may the Devil take me soul if I ever gives quarter or asks it of ye!

And here is the greatest pirate song ever!

Pirates - Emerson, Lake, & Palmer, 1977

Pirates, part I Pirates, part II

Apologies to you, my gentle reader, but since l am all alone in my tiny office, this seemed the best way to celebrate Talk Like A Pirate day.

No comments: